Lori's Pet Care - East Hampton, New York
RSS

Recent Posts

I won my case against my neighbor!
My business has been saved by the ZBA , clents and friends!
Playing with a ball can be fun, but there are downsides
What constitutes a good walk with your dog?
Warm winter warm noses

Categories

Dog care businesses in the home
Dogs are my heroes
dogs in the heat
fleas ins the Fall
I found some great treats!
Life is short winter is warm this year
Playing Ball
Spring is here!
Staying warm!
the weather is perfect!
Walk your Dog!
war on ticks
powered by

Adventures of a dog Walker

My business has been saved by the ZBA , clents and friends!

I run my business out of my home.  Almost 2 years ago a new neighbor called code enforcement to complain that I was was running a business out of my home.

Luckily one of my dog walking clients is an attorney and he was able to advise me. Long story short: here in this town one is allowed to operate certain types of non retail businesses in an area that is zoned residential. There can be no exterior evidence of the business such as signage.  Also in my town there is a very specific "dog barking" law.  Dogs cannot  bark continuously for more than 20 minutes.  I have never received a barking violation as I do not allow my dogs to bark for long.  Of course dog barking is unavoidable if the ups driver comes to the door for example but that is short term barking.  However anyone who owns dogs in a residential neighborhood may have barking dogs. So my neighbor's complaint about barking dogs was unfounded.  He lives across the street and down the road by the way.  I can't wait for someone to move in next door to him with 5 Yorkies, karma is a bitch.

I have linked one of the articles from the local paper about my saga below.  The bottom line is this: if you are running a pet sitting business out of your home, learn your local codes, keep noise to a minimum and don't be intimidated by your neighbors, hire an attorney.  I have a great one.

19 Comments to My business has been saved by the ZBA , clents and friends!:

Comments RSS
bridal dresses on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 5:37 PM
Amazing!!! I like this website so much it’s really awesome.

heel shoes on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 5:38 PM
This blog is great. I have found profitable information from this blog. I like its comments. thanks for info.

5000 instagram followers on Monday, April 22, 2019 3:59 PM
The information you have provided is very helpful at all thank you very much for sharing useful information with us.

krowd login on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:57 PM

anime girl brown hair on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:58 PM

write for us bloging on Friday, May 03, 2019 3:20 PM
is very helpful at all thank you very much for sharing

nice on Monday, May 06, 2019 11:22 PM
nice

writing essays uk on Friday, May 10, 2019 12:01 AM
I am happy that you done get over the issue of your neighbor, I think they are not a dog or animal lover. I feel sad for them because they don’t feel the happiness we feel right now with our fur babies. We better don’t get affected by them because they have a bad vibe that we can easily get rid of it. Just continue loving your pets, continue taking good care of them. I know you are responsible for your dogs, so just continue what you are doing. I will support you till the end.

Amazon business on Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:29 PM
Nowadays Amazon is the biggest online marketplace where everything of our daily needs are available. It is very easy to start a business with Amazon. Amazon provides free account opening facility for any size organization. So put Amazon's solutions to work for the business.

Qasim Ali Shah on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:49 AM
I am happy that you have done get over the issue of your neighbor, I think they are not a dog or animal lover. thank you!

AD01 exam dumps on Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:58 AM
Certsout.com provides authentic IT Certification exams preparation material guaranteed to make you pass in the first attempt. Download instant free demo & begin preparation.

tableclothsfactory on Friday, May 31, 2019 11:28 PM
My business has been saved by the ZBA , clents and friends!

wholesale eyelashes on Tuesday, June 04, 2019 4:05 AM
My business has been saved by the ZBA , clents and friends!

perfume on Tuesday, June 04, 2019 4:49 AM
Americans dream of open spaces. It's why we turn road trips into rituals and make pilgrimages to canyons. Even if we're accustomed to city life, the prospect of endless coastlines,

iphone 8 plus cases on Sunday, June 23, 2019 1:48 AM
My business has been saved by the ZBA , clents and friends!

picbear on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:01 AM
I am so happy to come across this piece of write up, very much advanced my understanding to the next top level. Great job and continue to do same.

black leather jacket on Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:57 AM
It's great to see this post. I really appreciate your work

tes on Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:22 PM
testing

Order Custom Boxes on Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:06 AM
This is likewise a generally excellent post which I truly delighted in perusing. It isn't each day that I have the likelihood to see something like this. Order Custom Boxes